Sunday, November 22, 2009

Manon Gignoux


There is such a dreamy and other-worldly quality to Manon Gignoux's aesthetic that I just adore. If you haven't heard of her - she's a French stylist, designer, and artist and everything she creates from jewelry to surreal fabric statues to her own workspace seems to reflect a meeting of reality and fantasy. She sees her own work as existing "between art and fashion" and I love how she explains her influences:

"The origins of my work can be traced back to my last year of study at France’s Duperré School of Applied Arts when I carried out a photographic study of the clothes worn by workers in the early 20th century and explored the "traces of wear and tear" on clothes. Starting with details of a hundred or so photographs taken from books, I filled research notebooks and ended up with four themes: the "carpenter" or the traces of alteration, the "washerwoman" or the imprint of repeated movements, the "inside-out suit" or the dynamics of (de)construction, and the "woman shopkeeper" or the encounter between work clothes and everyday life and the way an object that is worn fits the body."

- from Manon Gignoux's "creative approach" statement

via Bloesem

via sam's notebook

via Facteur Céleste
via pia jane bijkerk

To see more of Gignoux's work go to her blog: Manon Gignoux
To see more pictures of her amazing studio go to: pia jane bijkerk

3 comments:

  1. her vintage aesthetic is so beautiful and dreamy! off to check out her site! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ost Girls!
    Hope Thanksgiving was wonderful...
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am pleased to be following your blog, many thanks. I love this post, I have admired Manon Gignoux's work for a while now, and have her website favourited on my blog! I really enjoyed these pics, and look forward to sharing your interesting posts in the future, Lois x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails