Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oronoco Gold Rush Days

Thanks to a gal about town in Minneapolis, I learned of the Oronoco Gold Rush Days and I am so jealous I live half a country away from this event. This flea/antique market that takes place one weekend a summer in Oronoco, MN has been happening for over 30 years. Just based on the photographs my friend snapped during her day there, I know I would be crazy for it....
I heard vintage suitcases are all the rage....what a treasure trove.
Ah, the dreamy feathered hair captured on a tin lunchbox for posterity.
I love the groupings by color- it makes everything that much more appealing.

I wish that there was a market like this near my hometown.....even the photographs are fantastic finds from time spent there.

{All images courtesy of pairofjacks}

1 comment:

  1. Such fun stuff! And such lovely pictures. My favorite is the one with the horses. That string around that one horse's neck, right behind his ears makes me feel wistful... (yeah, I don't know why either, but it does - lovely picture indeed).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails