Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"One of the great ironies of my life is that...I am a writer for illiterates." - Mo Willems

image via guardian.co.uk

The quote which titles this post was spoken by Mo Willems, a children's book writer and illustrator, in a documentary about children's literature that's working the festival circuit right now called "Library of the Early Mind." It hasn't made it to NC quite yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will because it looks like it could be really interesting (see the trailer below and, fyi, don't get too put off by the somber music. I don't know if it creates the right mood for the movie, but here's hoping that the movie makers will still tweak with that element of the film).

Anyway, while I wait for this movie to come to me - if you are in LA or MA know that screenings are headed your way (lucky ducks!). For the rest of us there is the documentary's blog (http://childrenslitproject.wordpress.com/) to poke around in and find pleasure in the mini interviews excepted from the film with the likes of everyone from Jane Yolen to Daniel Handler (yep, that's the man who is also known as "Lemony Snicket").


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails