Wednesday, February 2, 2011

our little wedding


It been over two whole months since I got hitched to the sweetest southern boy I know and now we've got the pictures to remind us what a lovely day we had back in November. I don't want to bore anyone with too many personal pictures, but I can't help sharing a few especially since our photographer, Sarah of spots of time photography, did such an amazing job. So here are a few images...

Before the ceremony:
One of the best parts of my wedding was just how much my wonderful and generous friends put into making the day go off without a hitch. For example, Hiving Out's own home talent Lorelei made all the bouquets and  boutonnières and  my friend Evelyn's mother made the beautiful ring pillow out material that once belonged to my grandmother.


The ceremony:
My nephew was such a brave soul to walk down the aisle ahead of my sister, but he just about broke my heart when he paused and turned around to look back at us. My mother gave me away in front of some of the loveliest and sweetest people there are in the world. And we both cried a little bit.

The reception:
I loved the look of my reception which was, without a doubt, the gift of my friend Ruby who put together the centerpieces, hand wrote everything in her lovely handwriting, and organized the heck out of all the details. It wouldn't have been anything near this pretty without her. And of course, there was the dessert table which was covered with all sorts of delicious treats made by friends (Mae's husband made us 2 to die for cakes), family (my mother's walnut cake is a tradition), and a favorite local bakery (Halgo European Deli & Grocery).

 

I will admit that the best part of it all is that it is over! And now I have this pretty good husband beside me and these lovely pictures to look back on. It's a nice place to be in just over two months in... :)

1 comment:

  1. It was truly one of the the loveliest weddings I've ever been to! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails