Friday, February 18, 2011

Sophie


I am sure you have seen her. She seems to be everywhere. I did not know a thing about her until my daughter was born, but now Sophie Giraffe is a familiar, much loved, face around here.

In case you have ever wondered, as I did, why this 40-year-old teething toy is so wildly popular (and pricey!) -I did a little research. According to Sophie's site, she is a longtime favorite because she is the first baby toy to stimulate all five senses. She is smooth and soft, with contrasting light and dark coloring from food paints- she squeaks and the distinctive smell of the rubber from the Hevea tree has proved to be pleasing to babies everywhere. In other words....this little giraffe is perfect.

If you are looking for something sweet and practical for that next baby shower- look no further!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew LOVES his Sophie! That unassuming giraffe is still his go-to toy of choice. Poor little Sophie has weathered many months of teething covered in baby drool :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails